Blueberry Streusel Muffins
Makes 6 standard muffins
1 cup flour
1/3 cup sugar
½ tablespoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon lemon zest
6 tablespoons soy milk
2 tablespoons lemon juice
¼ cup canola oil
1 teaspoon lemon extract
¼ cup sugar
3 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoons cinnamon
2 tablespoons non-hydrogenated margarine, cubed
- Preheat Convection Oven to 350°F (Standard Oven to 375°F)
- Place liners in muffin tin.
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Toss lemon zest with dry ingredients.
- Combine wet ingredients in a small bowl. Pour wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and fold in just until moistened. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Use a large cookie scoop to fill muffin liners ¾ full.
- Make streusel by combining dry ingredients in a bowl. Toss in cubed margarine and cut in with a pastry blender until the margarine is not visible and the mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle the streusel on top of the muffins.
- Bake for 25 minutes convection oven (27 minutes standard oven), or a toothpick placed in the center of the muffin comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.