These cupcakes are fantastic topped with vegan cream cheese frosting
Makes 6 standard cupcakes
½ cup sugar
6 tablespoons canola oil
1 cup shredded carrots
2/3 cup flour
1 tablespoon tapioca flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons chopped pecans
3 tablespoons shredded sweetened coconut
- Preheat Convection Oven to 325°F (Standard Oven to 350°F)
- In a stand mixer on medium speed, cream together the oil and sugar until smooth. Turn the mixer down to low and add the carrots, coconut and pecans and continue mixing until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, combine Flour, Tapioca Flour, Cinnamon Baking Powder, Baking Soda, and Salt.
- Turn the mixer down to low and add flour mixture and continue mixing until incorporated.
- Stop the mixer and scrape the bowl, and mix for a few more seconds.
- Bake for 25 minutes convection oven (30 minutes standard oven), or until done.