Vegan Pot Pie
Makes 1- 9 inch pie
1 piece gardein chick'n scallopini, diced
1 medium carrot, diced
1 ear of corn, kernels removed
1 medium Yukon gold potato, peeled and diced
3 tablespoons non-hydrogenated margarine
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
2 cups vegetable broth
1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crusts
- Preheat Convection Oven to 400°F (Standard Oven to 425°F)
- In a saucepan, combine chick’n, carrots, peas, and potatoes. Add vegetable broth to cover and boil for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt margarine. Stir in flour, salt, pepper, and onion powder. Cook and stir for about 3 minutes. Slowly stir in almond milk. Simmer over medium-low heat until thick. Add chick’n mixture. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place the chick’n mixture in bottom pie crust. Pour hot liquid mixture over. Cover with top crust, seal edges, and cut away excess dough. Make several small slits in the top to allow steam to escape.
- Bake for 25 minutes convection oven (30 minutes standard oven), or until done. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.